Project Accountant Basic Role/JD
Accountant Job Summary:
The Project Accountant(s) support BIDCAF project in the areas of budget formulation, cash balancing accounting and budget execution advisory services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintains the proper accurate filing of all financial and accounting documents, and files, with support from the financial manager/officer.
• Supports the Finance Manager by compiling the documentation for the monthly financial reports in accordance with BIDCAF financial procedures and policies and forwards them for the final review of the Finance Manager.
• Ensures the recording of expenditures, income, and any other related transactions, in BIDCAF’s recommended financial tracking/recording program.
• Supports the Finance Manager to ensure the books of accounts are up to date at all times, orderly, well kept, and readily available for reference and audit, when required.
• Supports the Finance Manager with drafting official project correspondence and composing routine correspondence to BIDCAF service providers, bank, partners, etc.
• Assist the Finance Manager in the handling payments at events/workshops, trainings, and other activities.
• Provides timely support to BIDCAF’s VSLAs
• Support in compiling estimates for the monthly cash projections for review by the Finance Manager.
• Assists the Finance Manager in the implementation of the internal financial control system and procedures.
• Maintains the procurement or service providers profiles on a monthly basis.
• Deputize for the Finance and Administration Manager (FAM) as required.
• Performs any BIDCAF official assignment not specified in this job description but relevant for the development of BIDCAF and meeting its mission, vision and objectives.
The position of project accountant requires focused flexibility and one to conduct him/herself in an exemplary fashion in accordance with BIDCAF Code of Conduct and ethical core values.