Data Manager Basic Role/JD
Data Manager/Officer Job Summary:
The Data Manager / Officer(s) support BIDCAF project in the areas of ensuring that all collected data is properly managed electronically, analyzed and reported on to support program improvement. This position requires serious close team working with the M&E, data field teams, quality assessment teams and other program staff to ensure quality timely information availability to BIDCAF’s management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Designs, develops and maintains the proper accurate data management and tracking system.
• Receive all project data and reviews this with BIDCAF’s technical team.
• Designs, develops and maintains an electronic database system that captures all project and program data accurately.
• Ensures the following data quality dimensions are observed at all times and stages (Accuracy, Validity, Reliability, Precision, Completeness, Timeliness, Integrity, and Confidentiality)
• Participates in and supports the information and data management trainings for staff capacity building.
• Participates in and supports the verification of the source of data.
• Participates in and supports the development of project indicators.
• Participates in and supports the development of the data collection and reporting formats.
• Participates in and supports the analysis of project data for quality information reporting.
• Coordinate and supervise the development and implementation of electronic data collection and management systems in all supported sites.
• Supports and supervises all data entry assistants, ensuring that data entry team sets and meets data entry deadlines and keeping within the work load.
• Responsible for streamlining communication within the data management team and between the data management team and other key project teams regarding data management issues.
• Actively contribute to monthly reports and actively participate in discussions and meetings related to project data and its analysis.
• Support researchers in designing study data collection tools & pre-testing the tools to establish their reliability and validity.
• Supports the M&E in mentoring and training staff in formulating data collection tools, data collection, Data Analysis & interpretation.
• Performs any BIDCAF official assignment not specified in this job description but relevant for the development of BIDCAF and meeting its mission, vision and objectives.
The position of data manager/officer requires focused flexibility and one to conduct him/herself in an exemplary fashion in accordance with BIDCAF Code of Conduct and ethical core values.