Finance Officer / Manager Basic Role/JD
Financial Manager Job Summary:
The Finance Officer / Manager Supports the effective execution of BIDCAF’s financial management and control systems, services and processes. S/he works in close collaboration with senior management and provides adequate and timely financial management and control support to BIDCAF’s program and operational project teams. She/he promotes a client-oriented approach consistent with BIDCAF’s policies, rules and regulations, including areas of budget formulation, financial planning, accounting/budget execution, control, financial management, and advisory services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Designing and implementation of GAAP for BIDCAF Financial management systems.
• Effectively manages all aspects of the finances including, budget preparation, re-forecast, projection and monitoring.
• Supports the Program Teams in the preparation of budgets for new projects.
• Assists the VSLAs in granting management.
• A key reference point and response to financial management and control enquiries and support needs from program and operation teams.
• Responsible for handling and managing the office cash box, ensuring that the cash box is safely stored and contains the set minimum amount of cash at all times in case of emergency.
• Ensures completeness of all supporting documents for payments, and preparation of all types of payment vouchers for effective and timely execution of payments in accordance with the BIDCAF financial management and control policies, systems, rules and procedures (correctly authorizations, correct details entered on the relevant formats, and all correctly signed off).
• Ensures that all financial transactions are completed with acceptable receipts each time money changes hands.
• Maintenance of the internal expenditure control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and travel claims and other entitlements are duly processed.
• Prepares monthly general ledger accounts reconciliations.
• Support the procurement process and advice accordingly.
• Participate and Support BIDCAF resource mobilisation strategy and advice accordingly.
• Takes timely corrective actions on un-posted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers.
• Conducts physical cash counts with the project accountants against book balance at the end of every week and during month end for timely financial reporting, and any discrepancies accounting.
• Maintains the filing of all financial and accounting documents, files, and correspondence.
• Reviews the compiled financial documentation for the monthly financial reports in accordance with BIDCAF financial policies and standard GAAP.
• Prepares staff payroll for review, approval and authorization by the Human Resources (HR) Manager, and the Executive Director (ED), and ensure timely disbursement of salaries to staff.
• Follows-up and ensures that all legal statutory payments, are prepared and paid to the relevant government authorities on timely basis and that any documentation and reporting requirements are fully adhered to and maintained at all times.
• Works in close consultation with the Executive Director to undertake regular field control spot-checks and audits visit, and take necessary corrective actions to ensure that BIDCAF’s financial regulations are fully implemented and adhered to.
• Performs any BIDCAF official assignment not specified in this job description but relevant for the development of BIDCAF and meeting its mission, vision and objectives.
The position of finance officer/manager requires focused flexibility and one to conduct him/herself in an exemplary fashion in accordance with BIDCAF Code of Conduct and ethical core values.