Human Resource -HR- Manager Basic Role/JD
HR Manager Job Summary:
The Human Resource Manager (HRM) supports the attainment of BIDCAF objectives through the provision of dedicated quality HR services, professional advice, and ensuring HR systems, policies and procedures are developed and implemented in line with organizational vision, mission, and strategic objectives. S/he actively contributes to risk management by advising the senior managers on the interpretation/application of HR policies and procedures and ensures BIDCAF’s employment and human resource management practices meet standards that are in compliance with local labour law. The jobholder analyses office issues and requests related to human resource management and administration and recommendations to innovative activities opportunities or improvements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support the effective implementation of BIDCAF’s Human Resources strategy.
• Develop and ensure HR policies, procedures, systems, and processes are in line with BIDCAF core values and principles.
• Supervisors BIDCAF workforce and ensures planning system that identifies future staffing needs.
• Participants in staff remuneration reviews with analyzed reports on personnel work.
• Provides guidance and input to senior managers on staff development and ensure salaries and benefits are appropriately budgeted for in projects/ proposals, and ensure staff compensation packages, salaries and benefits are competitive with targeted industry.
• Work closely with senior managers to source, recruit, and retain high quality staff aligned with BIDCAF vision, mission, and values.
• Organizes for and participates in orienting and training new staff on BIDCAF’s operations.
• Guides BIDCAF staff on the interpretation/application of HR policies and procedures to ensure compliance with donor and local legal principles and requirement.
• Identify best advertising sources for recruitment, assists in writing job advertisements.
• Ensure appropriate reference and background checks are carried out for new hires and results are reported back to senior hiring managers.
• Works closely with senior managers to optimize BIDCAF structure for maximum operational efficiency.
• Ensures BIDCAF working environment is conducive for BIDCAF staff to deliver quality services.
• Participates in staff disciplinary procedures.
• Analyze and report on personnel work data and performance, and participates in supporting decision-making on efficient operations.
• Performs job analysis and advises on job description development
• Ensure mechanisms are in place for appropriate delegation of authority during absences of senior staff.
• Collaborate with key project partners to assess and strengthen their human resources capacities.
• Performs any BIDCAF official assignment not specified in this job description but relevant for the development of BIDCAF and meeting its mission, vision and objectives.
The position of human resource officer/manager requires focused flexibility and one to conduct him/herself in an exemplary fashion in accordance with BIDCAF Code of Conduct and ethical core values.