Information Manager Basic Role/JD
Information Manager Job Summary:
The Information Officer/ Manager is part of the senior managers who coordinates and manages key organisation information guidance to management and all BIDCAF staff. S/he ensures that timely information is shared professionally and kept confidential for effective decision making. (multi-purposed skilled person).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinates internal BIDCAF communications effectively.
• Manage BIDCAF contacts databases (donors, consultants, networks, implementation structures).
• Coordinate with project teams in documentation of program achievements.
• Prepares and participates in periodical meetings and share the minutes reports.
• Ensures effective functionality of BIDCAF official emails and their updates.
• Ensures effective functionality of BIDCAF website and its update.
• Ensures proper filing of BIDCAF hard copy documents.
• Supports in production of IEC communication tools, and press releases.
• Supports the collaboration opportunities for BIDCAF and leverage resources.
• Supports and participates in advocacy campaigns that promote BIDCAF vision, mission and objectives.
• Reports regularly to the program manager and executive director about organisation developmental matters in compliance with BIDCAF policies and procedures.
• Performs any BIDCAF official assignment not specified in this job description but relevant for the development of BIDCAF and meeting its mission, vision and objectives.
The position of information manager requires focused flexibility and one to conduct him/herself in an exemplary fashion in accordance with BIDCAF Code of Conduct and ethical core values.