Monitoring and Evaluation -M&E- Manager Basic Role/JD
M&E Officer/Manager Job Summary:
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer/ Manager is part of the senior managers who gives overall organisation program achievements, learning and research guidance to management and oversee all BIDCAF programs and projects monitoring and evaluation conceptual designing and implementation. S/he ensures that strong evidence of projects successful is in place, and made easily available to inform effective decision making.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Designing and implementation of training and evaluation systems of strategic plan projects/program at the community, regional and/or national level with strong evaluation integration of HIV/AIDS.
• Works with BIDCAF project/program staff to develop and implement the performance monitoring system and indicators to track and report project results.
• Provides oversight for project results reporting and management.
• Provides evaluation technical assistance capacity building for all BIDCAF projects.
• Designs, develops and implements BIDCAF is Project Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP) as per funders requirements.
• Technically support the development of appropriate user-friendly log-frame / results framework indicators to measure outputs and outcomes.
• Strengthens systems and staff capacity to collect, manage, and use quality M&E data to inform programs and policies.
• Participates and represents BIDCAF on evaluation issues at technical, and policy planning meetings at the community, District and national level, including meetings with collaborators and donors.
• Uses ICT to delivery M&E results for BIDCAF planning decision making.
• Designs and implements the overall framework for project M&E, to include, annual project reviews, participatory impact assessments, process monitoring, operations monitoring and lessons-learned dialogues.
• Closely works with the Project team to analyze and consolidate regularly monitored data into useful information for reporting on project’s activities.
• Proactively participate in field monitoring visits and review of progress on a periodic basis and encourages stakeholders’ involvement at all stages.
• Offer support in conducting validation exercises, as may be required by the funder, including project assessments, verification of progress towards targets, indicators and/or implementation of M&E recommendations.
• Participates in developing, implementing and Controlling the Monitoring & Evaluation budget.
• Participates in designing research/study and compiling learnt lessons of the model interventions.
• Ensure compliance to reporting schedules and network standards both internal and external for all projects.
• Develop and implement a plan for project related capacity-building on M&E and Offers technical support and coaching as required to BIDCAF key project stakeholder both internally and externally.
• Regularly review and give technical feedback on monitoring and evaluation plans for new programs and budget revisions to ensure that plans are risk-free and focus on measuring results (e.g. checking monitoring and evaluation budgets are allocated and appropriate log-frame indicators and outcome targets are documented).
• Designs, develops and implements BIDCAF Project Activity based electronic Databases that ensures the data quality standards of Accuracy, Reliability, Completeness, Precision, Timeliness, Integrity and Confidentiality to build credible performance evidence.
• Network with potential community and national stakeholders on as needed basis (Meet with potential organizational partners when delegated by any BIDCAF Senior manager).
• Performs any BIDCAF official assignment not specified in this job description but relevant for the development of BIDCAF and meeting its mission, vision and objectives.
The position of monitoring and evaluation officer/manager requires focused flexibility and one to conduct him/herself in an exemplary fashion in accordance with BIDCAF Code of Conduct and ethical core values.