Program Manager Basic Role/JD
Program Manager Job Summary:
The Program Manager is part of the senior managers who gives overall organisation program direction by providing management and oversight of all programs and projects implemented by BIDCAF with an effective monitoring and evaluation conceptual framework.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work in close collaboration with the Project Coordinators of each program to develop, update and monitor the progress of the respective program work plans.
• Work closely with the finance department to harmonize approvals of implementation budgets for each project programs.
• Harmonize monthly staff meeting for routine program progress monitoring and coordinate project staff schedules for the following month.
• Work in liaison with the Program Coordinators to ensure achievement of plan implementation targets and Monitoring and Evaluation result plans (fulfilling program objectives and deliverables)
• Provide timely feedbacks to Executive Director on quarterly program progress reports and ensure delivery of timely final reports.
• Attend Planning meetings with BIDCAF Partners and BIDCAF senior management team
• Contribute to BIDCAF resource mobilization (Assist in organizational fundraising duties and/or grant writing as delegated by the Executive Director).
• Participate in review of program expenditures and annual budgeting.
• Participate or Lead interview committees for the hiring of new employees.
• Participate in Orienting and training new staffs and/or interns.
• Coordinate regular postings of program updates on BIDCAF website
• Attend Board of Directors Annual Meeting and serve as recording secretary in order to maintain records
• Submit minutes of above meeting within ten working days to the Executive Directors
• Network with potential community and national stakeholders on as needed basis (Meet with potential organizational partners when delegated by the Executive Director).
• Performs any BIDCAF official assignment not specified in this job description but relevant for the development of BIDCAF and meeting its mission, vision and objectives.
The position of program manager requires focused flexibility and one to conduct him/herself in an exemplary fashion in accordance with BIDCAF Code of Conduct and ethical core values.