Project Officer Basic Role/JD
Project Officer Job Summary:
As a project officer you greatly support BIDCAF senior managers to achieve project success through mobilizing, orienting, training and technically supporting project beneficiaries in receiving all the intended project services in a quality approach. The project officer is a key community face value and this position requires total honesty, integrity and team-working while on official work. Your specific official title may vary from one project to another as you are required to work in almost every field related task on any BIDCAF project, but whatever your title, you need to show excellent field administrative and technological skills (multi-purposed field skilled person).
As a Project Officer you provide essential support to a project, working with the Program Manager and other team members to achieve project success.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Meet regularly with the program manager to review the team's progress and to discuss future tasks.
• Provide professional technical assistance in BIDCAF assigned project area.
• Receive all project data from the field and ensures all is cleaned up and ready for data entry in BIDCAF’s electronic database(s).
• Supports the data manager to receive all cleaned up data as per BIDCAF guidelines.
• Communicate field related challenges as soon as possible to BIDCAF senior management using the official communication channels.
• Make arrangements & conduct timely field mobilization before the confirmed day of field related activity.
• Develops field activity work-plan and share this with the Program manager for approval.
• Organizes appropriate meeting places and refreshments, keeping contact with the attendees and keep a note of any who can't attend. Sends them any relevant information, including agendas, papers, reports and presentations and attends each organized meeting to take minutes and total attendances from start.
• Ensures relevant field activity photographs are taken and shared with the detailed field activity report (complete documentation).
• Ensures proper hard-copy filing of all project documents at BIDCAF office, checking that each is accurate and has been accepted/signed off by the program manager.
• Share with BIDCAF senior managers any noted project related changes that may impact project implementation and help keep project costs under control.
• Participate in project’s operational planning, operational budgeting, implementation, monitoring, reporting and program development in project site.
• Participate in developing BIDCAF project proposals if necessary.
• Coordinate with the team and partner to conduct capacity building trainings for project beneficiaries.
• Actively assist and participate in routine project advocacy plan.
• Ensure transparency, ethical conduct and efficiency in project implementation.
• Actively participate in preparing monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
• Provide constructive supervision to project implementation in a professional timely manner.
• Visit project sites on a regular basis (atleast monthly or bi-monthly)
• Actively participate in project reviews.
• Participate in contributing to developing operational data collection tools.
• Performs any BIDCAF official assignment not specified in this job description but relevant for the development of BIDCAF and meeting its mission, vision and objectives.
The position of project officer requires focused flexibility and one to conduct him/herself in an exemplary fashion in accordance with BIDCAF Code of Conduct and ethical core values.